Based on definition in Wikipedia, Nursing is a job within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life. Nurses may be differentiated from other health care providers by their approach to patient care, training, and scope of practice. Nurses practice in many specialties with differing levels of prescription authority.
If you are looking for a template to write its job description or just want to read what kind of jobs that you might do if you are a nurse, you can read its general duties and responsibilities below.
- Record the medical information and also vital signs of patients.
- Maintaining the accurate and detail reports and records.
- Monitor and record then report any symptoms or changes in the conditions of patients.
- Modify the treatment plans of patients according to the conditions and responses of patients.
- Monitor all aspects needed by patients including the daily diet and the physical activities.
- Evaluating, interpreting and ordering the diagnostic tests of the patients in order to identify and assess conditions of patients.
- Preparing and assisting patients throughout the examinations and treatments.
- Consulting and coordinating with the members of health care team in order to assess, evaluate, implement and plan the care plans of patients.
- Prepare rooms and sterile all the equipment, instruments and supplies in order to ensure that the supplies needed are maintained very well.
- Assess the needs of the individuals, communities and families including the assessment of home and working environment for individuals, families and communities in order to identify the potential health and also safety problems.
- Administer local, intravenous, inhalation and other types of anesthetics.
- Providing first aid, health care, immunizations and also assistance in convalescence and also the rehabilitation in the places such as hospitals, schools and industry.
- Perform the physical examinations, making the tentative diagnose and treat patients.
- Observe nurses and also patients in order to make sure that the proper nursing care is being provided.
- Recommend drugs, medical devices and the other forms of treatments such as physical therapy to the patients.
You can download the written job and description below in Microsoft Word.