As a customer service, you should treat your clients who complain or inquiry about your company services carefully. Clients or customers are a good sales. If you give them a good impression, they will spread this impression to their friends or relatives which could bring more sales for your company. On the other hand, if you give them a bad impression, you will lose your customers and probably lose new opportunities.
Below are some common customer service duties and responsibilities which could be different from one company to other company.
- Directly deal with the customers through various ways: face to face, by phone, by electronic mails, etc.
- Responsible for giving response upon customers’ complains, as well as giving the solution
- Manage the administration
- Manage the customers’ accounts; including set up the new account
- Handle the customer’s verifications
- Handle and process the customers’ requests, forms, applications, and orders.
- Evaluate and obtain complete related information to deal with service inquiry and products.
- Record the details of every taken action; as well as the complains, comments, and inquiries from the customers, and keep them safely
- Coordinate and communicate with company’s internal departments
- Provide feedback for every process happening in customer service.
- Interact with the customers, providing feedback and solutions
- Maintain the customers’ database
- Prepare and later distribute the reports of customer activities
- Prepare delivery and pricing information
- Verify the customers
- Organize workflow
- Conduct consolidation with the company’s internal divisions
If you are looking for the Microsoft Word version, you can download the customer service job description template below.