Housekeeper is defined as a person, especially a woman, whose job is to organize another person’s house and organize cooking, cleaning, etc. Nowadays, they are identical with a person that you see in a hotel that cleans your rooms and laundry your clothes while you are away. The department itself is called housekeeping department For you who plan to apply this type of job, you may consider this cover letter and resume templates for submitting your documents to any companies that open vacancies for that position.
Cover Letter Sample for Housekeeper Position
Dear Mr. Johnstone:
I read your advertisement in Jobsfind.com on vacant position for housekeeping position. I would like to be given the opportunity to fill that position where I have been in the same position for 5 years at Skyroom Hotel.
I have been awarded the best housekeeper in that hotel for 6 months in a row before I resigned because I have to follow my husband and move with my family to Atlanta. I am a hard worker and have good motivation that sufficient to become the part of housekeeping forces in your hotel. I can work in a shift as usually required in this position.
I would be pleased if you can give me time for an interview. I can be contacted at (02) 444 8887. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Resume Sample for Housekeeper Position
Writing a good resume is key. Instead of writing all of your experience, you’d better writing all your achievement while you are working as a housekeeper.
In search of housekeeper position in your company; where I can actualize myself and use my skills and knowledge for the purpose of creating excellent housekeeper for your hotel.
Summary of Qualifications
– Five years working experience as a housekeeper
– Vastly skilled at doing housekeeper tasks
– Proven ability to deal with administration
– Computer literate– MS Office, internet
– Advanced level of proficiency – English, Germany, Japan
– Creating standard of excellent housekeeper for the company
– Achieved The Best Housekeeper for 10 months, 6 months in a row
December 2010 – Present
– Best housekeeper for six months in a row
– Role model housekeeper for new employees
August – November 2010
Marriot Hotel – Chicago
– Cleaning 20 rooms per day
– Always finish the jobs on time
High School Diploma – 2010
– Outstanding interpersonal skills
– Superb communication skills
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to work in rotation
Job Description Sample for Housekeeper Position
Job description as a housekeeper could be different among hotels. But, there are common tasks that are usually similar. But, if you are new to this housekeeping job, you can read common tasks below.
Duties and Responsibilites :
- Can perform good guidance for any new cleaning staff in order to conduct cleaning duties and make sure that such task should be done in proper manner.
- Need to conduct recheck and inspection in any part of the room or certain area within hotel whether it has been cleaned yet or not.
- Need to make sure that any trashes are dumped daily. Lack of this responsibility may affect to the career indeed.
- Mopping floors daily is a must to do. It means that any housekeeping forces should mop any area of the hotel. The more the amount of available housekeeping in certain hotel indeed may make such mopping task simpler to do because of the shared duties in conducting such task.
- Replacing equipment, furniture, and others of the hotel based on the supervision of the worker.
- Being able to be responsive to any problems occurred about the damaged of the facilities such as leaky faucets, broken furniture, and others and reports it to the supervisor sooner. The main reason why any housekeeping force need to become attentive about the facilities of the furniture is indeed because the factor of routine. Housekeeping can be consider to be the forces responsible to find out any mess, dirt, damage, and anything wrongs occurred on the hotel.
- Working at the field of housekeeping not only require you to perform quality stamina in working but also to perform good communicating and suitability skill whether with other housekeeping worker or with the supervisor.
You can download templates with written samples above. Some templates are having general formats with different texts. You can replace it with your own information, by copying above samples and modify it accordingly. It just need Microsoft Word to start editing it.