Social Work is defined as a professional or organized work intended to advance social conditions of certain communities, especially those of disadvantaged people or groups, by providing psychological counseling and assistance in the form of social services. A person who do the job is called social worker. It is a job that will get people closer to poverty and disadvantaged people where it should bring empathy feeling and remind you that there are places where people need help and assistance in their life.
Below are several item that you can put on your job description list. Delete any unrelated item and add new item in your own list because different places would require different assignment.
1. Dealing and managing any assessments which commonly with any other medical staff in any required job descriptions in certain allocation of time.
2. Meeting the clients as well as their families in order to gain better understanding about the situation that they suffer.
3. Providing consultation and support to the clients as well as to their families.
4. Organizing any necessities of the clients to achieve their fullest quality in living as good as possible.
5. Considering and recommending the best decisions that any clients should make related to their problems.
6. Getting along with other agencies to conduct better and more efficient working activity.
7. Joining different team working conferences to conduct certain project or task. We can take example from certain project in dealing with child matters and also the mental problem.
8. Managing and also maintaining precise reports for any legal action required.
9. Providing required evidence in court. This is compulsory if it is required in certain task that social worker handles.
10. Joining any required conferences and also meeting conducted by the company. It is so vital for any social worker to be able to work in team. Based on this reason, any social worker should be able to fulfill their task in becoming better social worker in the aspect of personal skill and also the team working.
There is a free Social Worker job description template created in Microsoft Word below you can use to customize them which make you don’t have to start from the scratch.